|Green Pear Smoothie
Being stuck in the dead of winter doesn't mean you can't enjoy a dose of fresh fruits and veggies. What better way is there to do it than with a delicious smoothie?
Smoothies are refreshing and energizing first thing in the morning - or any other time of day - and should be packed full of raw organic fruits, vegetables, and superfoods.
Drinking a smoothie is the easiest way to absorb a whole bunch of nutrients all at once. They are full of fibre and vitamins and, depending on what you put into it, you can also get your daily dose of protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
Here are five simple steps for making the perfect smoothie everyday!
- time savers - they only take 5 to 10 minutes to make
- easy to absorb - liquids are easier to digest easing nutrient absorption
- all in one - you can get a whole lot of healthy nutrients, protein, carbohydrates and fats in a single smoothie
- fun - get creative with colourful ingredients and textures
- liquid energy - use superfood to give you a boost in the morning, afternoon, or evening
Green Pear Smoothie (Serves two)
- Start with two cups of liquid - water, rice milk, almond milk, hemp milk, coconut water, or milk
- Choose your protein (2 tbsp or more) - raw brown rice protein, hemp protein, hemp hearts, or almonds
- Choose your fruit (1/2 to 1 cup of either) - blueberries, raspberries, banana, pear, pineapple, mango, avocado, or dates
- Choose your green (one handful) - spinach, kale, chard, sprouts, cucumber, or 1 tsp greens powder, spirulina, or chlorella
- Choose your superfoods - (1 tbsp of one or more) goji berries, cacao nibs, maca, mesquite, hemp seeds, raw honey, chia seeds, or matcha green tea
Place all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
This recipe was sourced from Fully Nourished by Marni Wasserman.