|Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Looking for the perfect recipe for your Father's Day BBQ? Fire up the grill and prepare for a culinary escape to paradise with these yummy Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs!
This recipe features succulent chicken (marinated to perfection for best results!), pineapple chunks and ground ginger. Enjoy a flavourful treat this Father's Day, but remember to keep this recipe on hand; you'll definitely be revisiting it this summer!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large green pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 18 cherry tomatoes
hot cooked rice
Serve over hot rice
- Put chicken in large shallow dish.
- Drain pineapple, keep 1/2 cup juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Mix juice with the next 7 ingredients in small pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Turn and baste frequently with marinade.
Recipe sourced from Food.com.