|Thanksgiving Shepherd's Pie
This is a great way to get rid of turkey dinner leftovers. Feel free to replace any of the ingredients with what you have leftover from your own dinner.
- Cooked turkey, cut up into small pieces
- Carrots, peas and corn, or whatever leftover vegetables you have
- Mashed sweet potatoes (or regular potatoes if you prefer)
- Leftover stuffing
PC Cooking School – Loblaw Great Food Bowmanville
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Have an ovenproof casserole dish set aside. Choose the size that you feel will fit the amount of leftovers that you have.
- Mix the turkey with the gravy, and spread out onto the bottom of the dish.
- Layer the vegetables onto the turkey. If the carrots are too big (like the baby carrots) cut them into more manageable sizes, no bigger than your pieces of turkey.
- Break apart the stuffing and layer it on top of the vegetables, then spread the sweet potatoes on top of that. You may need to warm up the potatoes in the microwave to make them easier to spread.
- For a crunchy topping to top this dish off with, feel free to use what you like. There's always the "crushed potato chips" (very 50's), or if you happen to have a box of stuffing around, open it up and sprinkle some on the top!
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until everything is heated through, and the sweet potatoes are lightly browned.
2375 Hwy #2 Bowmanville, ON, L1C 5A3
Coordinator Julia Mason Tel: 905-623-2600 ext.121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at: www.pccookingschool.ca