|Red and Green Pepper Steak
The cold weather is catching up to us. Instead of going out for a nice dinner, try this delicious recipe right at home! It is Red and Green Pepper Steak compliments of Julia Mason, the Coordinator of the PC Cooking School at Loblaws Bowmanville.
- 1 lbs beef marinating steak, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ - ½ cup water
PC Cooking School – Loblaw Great Food Bowmanville
- Mix together the soy sauce, garlic, hot sauce and canola oil. Add the beef, and marinate for a ˝ hour.
- In a small amount of oil, sauté the mushrooms until soft. Remove from pan. Add the onions, celery and peppers, and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown the meat in the sauce. Mix together the cornstarch, brown sugar and water. Add to the meat and stir until it comes to a simmer. Add all of the vegetables, toss to coat, and simmer for two minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve over rice.
2375 Hwy #2 Bowmanville, ON, L1C 5A3
Coordinator Julia Mason Tel: 905-623-2600 ext.121 Email: email@example.com
Visit us at: www.pccookingschool.ca