No need for a special cake pan for our Easy Lamb Cake! The adorable cake is as easy as it is delicious, and soon to be the centerpiece of your Easter dessert table.
Make it a fun, family Easter activity and bake it with the kids this year!
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (85 g) Jell-O Cherry Jelly Powder
- 3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 15 Jet-Puffed Marshmallows, cut in half
- 1/4 tsp. pink coloured sugar
- 1 pink jelly bean
- 1 tsp. black decorating gel.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cover bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round pans with parchment; spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Stir in dry jelly powder; pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 28 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 15 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup Cool Whip. Cover with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining Cool Whip.
- Press cut sides of 2 marshmallow halves in coloured sugar; gently press into Cool Whip on cake as shown in photo for the lamb's ears. Decorate cake with jelly bean, decorating gel and remaining marshmallows as shown.
This recipe was sourced from Kraft Canada.