At our holiday potluck, Kendra wowed us all with her yummy salad. We just had to share this healthy and tasty recipe!
We also give her an A+ for presentation!
(easy to mix and shake in mason jar)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice or cider (if using sweetened, reduce honey to 1 Tbsp)
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples – toss in 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 12 oz salad greens (good with baby spinach or mixed salad greens)
- 1 cup pecan halves – can be candied
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
In a large bowl, layer the salad greens, apples, pecans, dried cranberries and cheese.
Just before serving, dress with desired amount of apple cider vinaigrette and toss until salad is evenly coated.