|Kale Slaw Salad
What's in it:
How It's Made
- 1 bunch if kale (any variety), chopped into bite size piece with rib removed
- 1 fennel
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 beet shredded
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ cup olive oil or hemp oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 tablespoons raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
Full of colour, texture and flavour, this is a highly nutritious salad.
- Shred the cabbage, carrots, beets and fennel in a food processor with shredding blade or use a mandolin or hand slice into thin strips.
- In a mixing bowl, toss in all the raw vegetable ingredients (except the hemp seeds).
- In a separate bowl mix together the vinaigrette.
- Combine vinaigrette with raw veggies and toss together until the cabbage and kale are well coated.
- Allow salad to marinate in fridge for a few minutes – or up to an hour, mixing in the hemp seeds just before serving.
PS... the longer it marinates the better it tastes!
This recipe was sourced from Fully Nourished by Marni Wasserman.