|Chocolate Coconut Pudding
|We know ice cream is great on a warm summer day but to enjoy this frozen delight, it
needs to stay in a freezer. So what to do when you want the sweet, refreshing cool
taste of ice cream, but also want to enjoy the great outdoors for an afternoon?
Pack along some cool Chocolate Coconut Pudding!
Chocolate Coconut Pudding
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot powder
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Recipe sourced from Marni Wasserman.
- Place Arrowroot powder in a small bowl with 1/2 cup coconut milk and whisk
together until fully blended. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir together the rest of the coconut milk with the maple syrup
or nectar, cocoa powder until well mixed.
- Heat the mixture to boiling, stirring with a whisk to dissolve the cocoa and
blend everything together.
- Continue to whisk as cocoa powder takes time and doesn’t dissolve quickly.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, quickly stir in arrowroot mixture and
- When the mixture begins to thicken (within moments), turn off the heat and add
the vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon
- Pour into ramekins, individual bowls or parfait glasses.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.