Chicken Asparagus Penne
This delicious pasta dish is great for spring, and the sprinkled parmesan presents a healthier alternative to the more traditional Alfredo sauce.
- (16 ounce) package of dried whole grain penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
This article was sourced from allrecipes.com.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a punch more garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta and mix well. Let sit for about 5 minutes then add two tablespoons of olive oil before mixing again and sprinkling Parmesan Cheese.