|Cheesecake Filled Strawberries
Perfect for a winter holiday party or a summer family reunion, fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate hide a rich and creamy surprise inside!
- 2-One quart containers fresh large ripe strawberries (washed, stem-on and thoroughly dried)
- 1 small cheesecake, your choice of flavour (plain or dulce de leche work well)
- 24 ounces good quality milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate, toasted chopped nuts or toffee bits for garnishing berries
- Cut a small "V" two-thirds of the way up on each strawberry with the tip of the "V" facing upwards towards the stem of the berry. Remove cut-out section of berry.
- In a bowl, gently mash cheesecake with a fork until crust and filling is well combined. Using approximately one tablespoon of cheesecake, fill the cut-out portion of berry with cheesecake, shaping the filling to resemble a whole strawberry. Repeat with remaining berries. Place filled berries on a parchment lined tray in refrigerator while preparing chocolate.
- Melt milk or semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler or a heat safe bowl over a simmering pot of water. Remove berries from refrigerator and dip quickly in melted chocolate ensuring cheesecake filling is covered. Place berries on parchment paper covered tray and return to refrigerator to cool chocolate. Melt white chocolate and drizzle on berries. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Arrange on serving platter and enjoy!