|Back to School Burritos
|With the kids back in school, the hunt for tasty, easy to prepare recipes for the lunch box resumes. We've got you covered! This fun recipe makes excellent use of last night's leftover chicken, will delight the kids and save you some time in the kitchen. This will give your kids the healthy fuel they need to make it through the day.
- 2 lb roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- lime, cut in wedges
This recipe is sourced from Kitchen Daily.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, barbecue sauce, beans, corn and sour cream; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble the wraps by placing a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla and topping with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito. Slice in half diagonally and pack warm, with lime wedges.